Differences between CamRanger 2 and Camranger mini
In 2012, the original CamRanger revolutionized wireless tethering and since then has been the top choice for photographers.
If your camera does not have built-in WiFi for remote control and Live-View, the CamRanger is the ideal device to control your camera remotely in combination with the Photomast. Even if your camera has built-in WiFi, the CamRanger exceeds the possibilities that your own camera offers. The range and strength of the WiFi signal is also much better and that helps to prevent interference from other WiFi networks.
It is possible to change the main camera settings such as ISO, aperture and shutter speed remotely from every compatible camera. In addition, there are many more options that every CamRanger offers to take even more creative images.
Each Camranger has its own battery, which means that the camera battery lasts longer than when using the built-in WiFi. Keep in mind that the use of Live-View will drain the camera battery a little faster. Live-View can be turned on and off remotely.
Below you will find the main differences between the Camranger 2 and the Camranger mini.
- Works with most Nikon, Canon, Sony and Fuji cameras
- Connection range up to 150 meters / 500 ft away in the open field
- About 5 times faster than the original CamRanger and the connection is more stable
- Hotshoe adapter included, the included case can also be used to attach to the camera or tripod
- Replaceable 3400 mAh lithium-ion battery
- Android, iOs, Mac and Windows compatible
- Built-in SD Card slot, required for Sony and Fuji or for back-up
- In-app social media sharing
- CamRanger Share support
- Full RAW downloads
- Short USB cables included: Mini USB, USB-C, Micro USB-3.0, or use original camera cable
- Works with most Nikon and Canon cameras
- Connection range up to 120 meters / 400 ft away in the open field.
- Slower WiFi speed
- No hotshoe adapter included, the included case can be used to attach to the camera or tripod
- Non-replaceable 1800 mAh lithium-ion battery
- Android and iOs only, no Mac or Windows support
- No built-in SD card slot
- No in-app social media sharing
- No CamRanger Share support
- No full RAW downloads
- USB cable included: Mini USB, or use original camera cable
The following chart lists the supported cameras. Unless noted, the camera will work with the original CamRanger, CamRanger mini, and CamRanger 2.
Any CamRanger device will work with any supported cameras. The only difference is the USB cable necessary to connect the CamRanger device to the camera.